Thursday, August 16, 2012

Cookie Dough Fudge (★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆)


I have a huge sweet tooth.

I'm guessing you find that pretty obvious? 

But after browsing through scads of baking blogs these past few months, I think this point needs to be reiterated.

Let me explain...

As a budding blogger, I have found that by surrounding myself with established bakers in the blogosphere I can speed up the learning curve.  Allowing me to adapt things that resonate, to my own baby...er, blog.  After all, "imitation is the sincerest form of learning." 

(No joke, that's a real quote by George Bernard Shaw -- I just got all literary on you).

Without these--let's face it--ladies, all I have to offer are some convection ovens.  And my wit. ;) 

New project for this week: Find a male-run baking blog.  He is out there.  And I will find him.

I've upped my game.  Hence, the whole getting food mag quality pictures.  Once my tutelage is complete (Thanks Trav!), my site design is next under the knife.  I welcome you, oh world of computer code. 

With all this extracurricular reading, I've become privy to one surprising, albeit slightly irritating, trend: 

Not all baking bloggers like to eat. 

Are you kidding me?  Shouldn't this be some sort of prerequisite?  I demand to see the Baking Bloggers Code of Conduct!

I mean if you invest the mental energy to think of something to bake, spend the money to purchase the ingredients, take the time to cook, and then lavish the world with your carefully cultivated words...you would have to agree that some level of passion--if not obsession--would be involved, right? 

Then why am I finding 
...posts about 5K marathon's?
...people so toned and skinny there is no way they actually ate that double-dog-dare-you-devil  
   chocolate cake they just posted?
...promises that every recipe is "tasted?" *Note the choice wording

I smell an inner struggle. 

If holding on to a few extra pounds is so bothersome why have a blog devoted to fattening, sugar-packed treats completely devoid of nutritional value?  

Don't torture yourself.  I'll gladly relieve you of such heartache and become your professional taste tester.  Call me!


Fact:

1) Out of the 24 Snickerdoodle Blondies I made last week, 10 of them made it into my belly.
2) 2 extra batches were made before the weeks end.  I ate 5 more.

I'll admit, 7 Snickerdoodle bars in one day is a little excessive, but at least my running a baking blog makes sense.    
  
It's because when I see recipes like these: Cookie Dough Fudge

I get excited.  I start to drool a little bit.  

One of the main reasons I love baking so much is because you can eat the process.  I mean, how many things can you name that are more delicious than chocolate chip cookie dough?

A fudge that incorporates "the process?"  Heck yes!

Fudge can prove to be quite the difficult beast.  But you can not mess this recipe up.  It's simple, totally easy, and literally fool proof.

Now for the caveat.  There are 5 cups of powdered sugar in this recipe.  

It's not a secret that I don't enjoy the flavor of powdered sugar.  I should really learn to read through recipes before I start.  Inevitably this was the reason the recipe was impossible to ruin, but it's also the reason I need to find another version to try.  

And I'll do it too.  Because safe, edible, cookie dough has to be one of the greatest inventions.  EVER.

                                  Fact:

3) I ate 4 pieces of this fudge even though I didn't really like it.

That's dedication you can take to the bank. 




Photography provided to you by Travis Howland Photography

2 comments:

  1. My partner and I stumbled over here different page and thought I
    might as well check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you.
    Look forward to checking out your web page yet again.

    Here is my homepage :: make dramatic gestures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's always nice to hear! Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoy some more articles.

      Delete